Our vision is of a Europe where people with polio and Post-Polio Syndrome have all the resources to lead active, independent, and integrated lives in a world where polio is wholly eradicated. Viruses ignore borders; thus, our mission covers the whole European continent, actively collaborating with the rest of the world.
The European Polio Union will:
- Collect data on people with polio and Post Polio Syndrome in Europe and make it available for every European country and for researchers.
- Create an internationally accessible web site for data in relation to polio and Post Polio Syndrome medical treatments, specialised doctors and health institutions, diagnostic criteria, best practice treatments etc.
- Encourage co-ordinated research into ways to improve the lives and treatment of people with polio and Post Polio Syndrome.
- Campaign to ensure the need for continued polio-vaccination programmes in both Europe and the rest of the world and that it is high on the health agenda.
- Produce a validated information bank of positive help to arrest the deterioration of people with Post Polio Syndrome and ensure its dissemination and availability to all those who need it.
We are committed to working equally across all countries in Europe and to strive for greater recognition of the issues facing those affected by polio and Post Polio Syndrome.